Senior Product Designer & Leader
I’m a Product Designer & leader with a 10-year track record shipping human-centered products with millions of users. I played a lead role taking three startups from early-stage concept to established market leader. I drove growth, acquisition, feature-adoption, engagement, and retention with a direct impact on revenue and KPIs.
Focused on Goals, Impact, Outcomes, Objectives, and Key Results. Customer-Centric, Data-Informed, Business-Savvy, Passionate, Curious, Thoughtful, Collaborative, Growth-Minded, Evidence-Based
Problem-Solving, Product Strategy, Business Metrics, User Research, Conversational Design, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Prototyping, Interaction Design, Usability, Remote Collaboration, Writing
Mar 2016 – Apr 2020 (4 years)
Principal Product Designer @ Poached (SaaS, remote)
Dec 2013 – Mar 2015 (2 years)
- Drove growth (including 45% more job posts and 59% more applications) using data, research, and AB testing.
- Increased scheduled interviews 1,300% with a cross-platform (web, mobile, email, SMS) product experience.
- Improved job discovery and site engagement with a new job search experience and machine learning.
- Influenced executives & stakeholders to reach consensus on product strategy and features.
- Defined the design process and a design system for a hiring platform that handles 100,000 monthly job applications for the nation’s top restaurants.
Senior Product Designer @ dlvr.it (SaaS, remote)
Sept 2009 – Sept 2013 (4 years)
- Prototyped and designed features nearly two million customers use to deliver 5 million posts/day.
- Shipped multiple iterations and a major new product version in a collaborative team environment.
- Partnered with the founder on product strategy, goals, and objectives. Automated social media for customers like Reuters, ESPN, CBS, and USA Today.
UX Manager, Product @ Janrain (SaaS)
Nov 2005 – Sept 2008 (3 years)
- Hired and led a five-person UX team. Provided team-building opportunities. Listened, mentored, motivated.
- Defined industry best practices for registration & social login in collaboration with Google, Twitter, Facebook, et al.
- Established a research practice, uncovered key customer insights, found and fixed critical usability problems.
- Designed a suite of cross-platform social login & cloud identity products with 300,000 customers, including NPR, BBC, DocuSign, and Newsweek.
UX Designer/Developer @ Pheedo (SaaS)
- Designed and implemented interfaces for an advertising platform, contributing to 1 billion monthly impressions, 27 million uniques, and 300% revenue growth. Customers included NY Times, Cnet, NBC, Wired & USAToday.
1995 – 1997
Geographic Information Science