Senior Product Designer & Leader
- 10 years of product & UX experience building products people love. (B2B & B2C SaaS)
- Generalist. Full-stack user-centered designer + researcher with strong visual design principles.
- Information Architect. Loves writing, semantics, machine learning, and organizing words and data.
- Growth & data focused. Measures against key business metrics to drive revenue.
- Leader. Takes ownership and builds consensus. Operates cross-functionally on strategy & execution.
- Remote expert. Six years working remotely with distributed teams. Exceptional communication skills.
Mar 2016 – Mar 2020 (4 years)
Principal Product Designer @ Poached (SaaS, remote)
Dec 2013 – Mar 2015 (2 years)
- Owned the user-centered design process. Worked across teams to build and ship a hiring platform that handles 100,000 monthly job applications for the nation's top restaurants.
- Drove growth of job posts by 45% and applications by 59% using data, research, design, and a/b testing.
- Increased scheduled interviews 1,300% by designing a cross-platform (web, mobile, email, SMS) product experience for both B2B & B2C users.
- Architected the job search experience and collaborated with engineering to improve job discovery through machine learning.
- Influenced executives & stakeholders to reach consensus on product strategy and features.
Senior Product Designer @ dlvr.it (SaaS, remote)
Sept 2009 – Sept 2013 (4 years)
- Partnered with the founder on product strategy and design concepts to automate social media. Helped customers like Reuters, ESPN, CBS, and USA Today save time and money.
- Prototype and visual design of features over a million customers use to deliver 5 million posts/day.
- Worked with the engineering team to build, test, and ship multiple iterations and a major new product version.
UX Manager, Product @ Janrain
2012 – Current
- Hired and led a five-person UX team. Provided team-building opportunities. Listened, mentored, motivated.
- Worked with Google, Twitter, Facebook, et al. to define industry best practices for registration & social login.
- Oversaw design, user research, and usability testing for a suite of cross-platform social login & cloud identity products. Supported 300,000 customers including NPR, BBC, DocuSign, and Newsweek.
- Operated both at the strategic level on product & process and the execution level on design & research.
Freelance Writer & Photographer
Write stories and photograph outdoor adventures for brands including REI, Westcomb, Stio, and Altra Running.
Nov 2005 – Sept 2008 (3 years)
UX/UI Lead @ Pheedo
Designed and implemented interfaces for an advertising platform SaaS, contributing to 1 billion monthly impressions, 27 million uniques, and 300% revenue growth. Customers included NY Times, Cnet, NBC, Wired & USAToday.
Nov 2004 – Nov 2005 (1 year)
Senior Web Developer @ Curiosity Group
Built interactive marketing sites in an agency setting for clients including HP & Apple.
1995 – 1997
Geographic Information Systems